Flight Instruction and Refresher TrainingFlorida Coast to Coast Helicopters, Inc. is a Part 61 training center, which permits us flexibility in designing your helicopter training program. We operate with a simple philosophy, to get you your helicopter rating or refresher training as professionally, safely and cost effective as possible.
Being professional means our reputation is our most important asset and we intend to break the mold when it comes to flight schools. Our instructors and your training program will be strictly monitored to make sure you are receiving professional flight instruction. As pilots ourselves, we've been where you are, we've been through the scams that happen at flight schools and we promise not to fall into that trap. Before every business decision is made we first ask ourselves, "Is that how I would want to be treated"?
Our commitment to safety starts with our instructors. Before our instructors get to you, they must first pass our Flight Instructor Safety Training Program. If they pass the program and become instructors they continue to receive quarterly training to ensure they are maintaining our high safety standards. Our commitment to safety continues with our high maintenance standards. We do not believe in gray areas when it comes to maintenance. If there is a maintenance concern we will not put you in an aircraft unless our mechanics first inspect and/or repair the aircraft to ensure it's safe for flight.
To provide you cost effective training we first find out what your goals are, examine your flight experience and map out a plan on how to accomplish your goals. We also keep your costs down by keeping our highest cost down, maintenance. We accomplish this by operating quality helicopters and conducting preventive maintenance. All of our helicopters have been purchased new from Robinson Helicopters and are maintained by our Robinson Helicopters Factory Trained mechanics. In addition, we are an Authorized Robinson Helicopters Service Center. What does that mean for you? That means every year Robinson Helicopters recertifies our operation and mechanics to assure that we are providing quality maintainance to our customers and the industry.
With our simple philosophy in place, you will be able to enjoy and concentrate on your flight training having full confidence in your instructor, the aircraft and your flight school.
To learn more, contact us at 954-943-5353 or email us at
FINANCING IS AVAILABLE!
Please note: Below are the MINIMUM requirements per the FAA for each rating. Keep in mind the actual times and costs may vary based on each student's aptitude, studying habits and previous flight experience. All estimated costs for ratings DO NOT include ground school hours or books and materials and are for training in the Robinson R22, EXCEPT for the instrument rating which is conducted in the R44.
Private Pilot HELICOPTER FAR61.109(c)
- 40 Hours of Total Flight Time
- 20 Hours of Dual Instruction
- 10 Hours of Solo Flight
- Be at least 17 years of age at time of check ride (can start training at 16 years of age)
Estimated cost for initial - $9,850.00 (with 30 hours of Dual Instruction)
Commercial Pilot HELICOPTER FAR61.129(c)
- Must hold at least a Private Pilot certificate
- 150 Hours of Total Flight Time
- 100 hours in Powered Aircraft, of which 50 hours must be in helicopters.
- 100 hours of Pilot-In-Command flight time which includes at least;
35 hours in helicopters; and
10 hours in cross country flight time in helicopters
- 20 hours of Dual Instruction, which includes at least;
5 hours of instrument training in an aircraft
2 Hours day VFR cross country in a helicopter
2 Hours night VFR cross country in a helicopter
- 10 hours of Solo Flight in a helicopter which includes at least;
One cross country flight
5 hours in night VFR conditions
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold at least a Private Pilot certificate
Estimated cost for initial - $26,150.00 (Based on 40 hours from private pilot and only 20 hours of dual instruction)
Instrument Pilot HELICOPTER FAR61.65(d)
- Must hold at least a Private Pilot Rotorcraft- Helicopter certificate
- 50 hours of Cross Country flight time as Pilot-in-Command
- 40 hours of actual or simulated instrument time
- 15 hours Dual Instruction in a rotorcraft
- One Dual cross country flight in a helicopter under IFR at least 100 nautical miles
Estimated cost for initial in R22 - $8,200.00 (20 hours in aircraft & 20 hours in the simulator)
Estimated cost for initial in R44 - $12,200.00 (20 hours in aircraft & 20 hours in the simulator)
Certified Flight Instructor HELICOPTER FAR61.183(j)
- Must hold at least a Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Helicopter certificate
- 15 hours of Pilot-In-Command flight time in a helicopter
- Be at least 18 years of age
Add on ratings - HELICOPTER
- Private Pilot 30 flight hours - $7,500.00
- Commercial Pilot 50 flight hours - $12,500.00
- Instrument Pilot 15 flight hours in R22 - $4,275.00
- Instrument Pilot 15 flight hours in R44 - $7,275.00
- Certified Flight Instructor 15 flight hours - $3,750.00
NOTE: Per the FAA you must first obtain at least a Private Pilot Rotorcraft-Helicopter certificate before obtaining an Instrument Add-on certificate. And you must first obtain a Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft-Helicopter certificate before obtaining a Certified Flight Instructor Rotorcraft-Helicopter Add-on certificate.
Refresher training is custom tailored to meet your needs and/or request. Please call or email us so a member of our staff can give you a custom quote.
For more information or to book a flight call us at (954) 943-5353 or click here.